We all are aware of the fact that, clothes say a lot about us. And when it is the time to face an interview which is basically the time when somebody is going to judge you, you need to look at your best as well as carry out the Do’s and Don’ts of the professionalism.
When you enter the interview room your attire is the first which is taken into notice, so the 1st rule is you can not be shabby in that area. In an interview your attire plays a supporting role to your interpersonal skills, your talents and your knowledge. A proper dressing sense can make you look professional in the 1st impression and can take you a long way in the corporate world.
So Today I Neha S will be giving you dress code tips for an interview, all about the colors and fashion you should follow while facing an interview.
- A two piece matched suit is always a best and a safe choice whether it be trousers or a knee high skirt. Conservative colors like navy blue, black and grey are always the unsurpassed option.
- It is always best to choose the clothes that convey a lot about you. If you are kind of a person who is not really a conservative type of black and blue you may also add some light pastel color to your outfit, this can really help the interviewer to spot you from the crowd.
- Do not go over the top with the colors just because you want to stand out from the crowd, or else you will just turn yourself into a fiasco.
- The second option you can go with a salmon colored top with a conservative colored high waist trousers or a high waist knee length skirt.
- The other colors you can experiment with are white, off white, sky-blue, peach, lemon yellow, ravishing blue with whites trousers or skirts, lavender.
- Colors to be avoided should be reds, green, golden, silver and anything flashy.
- Do not wear anything flashy, glittery or shimmery. A watch, an elegant bracelet, a single stud or a pearl earring would suffice your purpose and give you a stylish look. You can also experiment with the fashion jewellery necklaces available; just make sure it is not loud enough to steal the attention from you. A business purse or a bag (make sure it is either black or brown colored) will complete the look.
- Leather black or brown colored closed toe pumps, belly shoes, or stilettos will always give you a perfect look, just make sure the height of the heels does not exceed 3-4 inches.
- Last but not the least, use a perfume, no one wants to interview a person who is unhygienic or who has a pungent odour.
So girls try out these tips and suggestions and let me know how well you nailed the interview.
So do not forget to check out my other segment on tips for makeup and tips for hairstyles to attend an interview.