What is Vertigo?
Vertigo is often caused by an inner ear problem. Vertigo is a sensation of spinning/ dizziness. If you have these dizzy spells, you might feel like you are spinning or that the world around you is spinning. It’s an inner ear disorder thought to be caused by a buildup of fluid and changing pressure in the ear. It can cause episodes of vertigo along with ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and hearing loss.
Vertigo is often triggered by a change in the position of your head.People with vertigo typically describe it as feeling like they are:
- Pulled to one direction
- Feeling nauseated
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements (nystagmus)
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss.
Less often vertigo may be associated with:
- Head or neck injury
- Brain problems such as stroke or tumor
- Certain medications that cause ear damage
- A sudden drop in blood pressure or being dehydrated can make you dizzy. Many people feel lightheaded if they get up too quickly from sitting or lying down.
- Migraine headaches
1. A Good Night Sleep – Lack of sleep is one of the reasons that lead to vertigo.
2. Coriander Seeds – Take 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds and soak them in water along with 1 tablespoon of gooseberry powder. Do this in the night and strain it in the morning. After straining, add half tablespoon of sugar and drink it right away.
3. Lemon – Prepare a lemon beverage. Take a glass full of lukewarm water, add black pepper, a pinch of salt and squeeze half lemon in it. Mix well and drink it. Lemon is a natural remedy for vertigo.
4. Water and Juices – Keep your body hydrated.
6. Ginger – Drink ginger tea or eat a piece of raw ginger. This will help to control nausea, associated with vertigo.
7. Basil – Basil is a herbal remedy for vertigo.
8. Almond Milk – Almond contains 26% carbohydrates, vitamin E, vitamin B, and fibers. Take some almonds and soak them in water, overnight.
9. Yoga – Take the help of yoga and meditation. These are the best vertigo home treatment.
10. Herbs for Vertigo – Butcher’s broom helps in curing vertigo.
11. Almonds and Watermelon Seeds – Watermelon seeds and almonds are really great for vertigo. Soak together 8 almonds, 8 watermelon seeds, 2 tablespoons of wheat grain and 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds in water for the whole night. In the morning, make a thick paste of all the ingredients. Now, put a pan on the flame and add 1 tablespoon of ghee. Fry 2 cloves in it and add the paste that you made. Mix this paste in the milk and drink. Repeat this procedure for a week. This will help you to get relief in vertigo.
Michelle – Your health Expert